Its getting so cold out…yes, I know it’s November…but I’m just not ready for this chilly weather. I finally broke out my winter jacket yesterday. This New Mexican Green Chile Stew from I Love New Mexico might just be the perfect thing to keep me warm this weekend. The recipe is super simple and reminds me of my trip to Santa Fe this Spring.
New Mexican Green Chile Stew
- 2 lbs lean beef or pork (I always use pork)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 (or 3) garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- 6 – 8 green chiles, chopped (or 1/2 cup)
- Place oil in large saucepan and saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes
- Cube meat, sprinkle with salt and add to onion and garlic to brown.
- Add potatoes and chile and cover with water.
- Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft enough to eat and continue to add water if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro if you life (which I do). Eat, enjoy and stay warm!