Every week I trudge through the crowds and do my grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s. If you have not been to a NYC Trader Joe’s, you do not know what it’s like to weave in and out of crowds and customers waiting to checkout. On the weekends, you’ll average a 30 minute wait to checkout. It’s crazy but I love Trader Joe’s so I do it.
I wanted to come up with a quick appetizer for dinner so I came up with a goat cheese flatbread that was pretty delicious!
Goat Cheese Flatbread
Prep 5 min | Cook 5 min
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 small whole wheat wraps
- 1 goat cheese medallion
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn oven broiler on.
- Spread goat cheese on wraps.
- Thinly slice onions and sprinkle on top of wraps.
- Sprinkle with dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Place flatbread directly onto the rack so the bottom also crisps.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until crisp.