Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Monthly Archives: September 2012
I get a lot of inspiration from my friend, Maddy at MPDaily. She always has great dinner ideas and last week when she told me she was having chicken piccata for dinner I had to copy her. I found a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis that totally hit the spot.
Total Time: 40 min
Prep 15 min | Cook 25 min
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
With all of these fun manicures out there, there are more nail tools to be purchased. Dotting tools, brushes, etc. Take a page from The Beauty Department and use what you already have i.e., bobby pins and mechanical pencils. Tips below…photos/post/graphic design: Kristin Ess
Base + top coat
Solid nail polish
Accent nail polish(es) for dots
- Paint base coat.
- Paint 2 coats of solid color on all nails.
- Take you accent colors and dot them on a disposable, non-porous surface.
- Dip the tip of the bobby pin in color to create the large dots.
- Dip the tip of the mechanical pencil in secondary color to create the smaller dots.
- Let dry.
- Paint top coat.
My friend, office mate and first mate, Maddy Polton recently started MP Daily, a blog about her life & loves…her beau, PB, her adorable dog, Pasha, fashion, accessories, podcasts and other fun stuff. She’s always the one to cue me in on what’s hot, like rowing for example. It’s the next big thing!
Tomorrow she’s giving away one of my bracelets. For your chance to win, visit MP Daily and tell her which one is your favorite. Enter by 5pm on Wednesday.
Good luck and happy reading!