Don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen this summer but want a beautiful, delicious, seasonal dinner? Try making a summer peach or blackberry tartine. Inspirations from the Gourmet Girl below.
- Fruit from the farmers market (peaches, blackberries, strawberries, plums, etc.)
- Bread (french baguette or ciabatta)
- Sliced proscuitto (optional)
- Olive oil
- Spread (gorgonzola cheeese, brie, ricotta, goat cheese, etc.)
- Honey, champagne vinegar, balsamic vinegar
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Prepare the bread by baking or grilling semi-thin slices of bread drizzled with a little olive or walnut oil.
- Slice your fruit.
If you’re assembling now and serving later, soak the peach fruit in a little lemon juice. The lemon juice keeps the fruit from discoloring and turning brown.
- For the spread, used goat cheese, ricotta, Gorgonzola dulce, farmhouse cheddar, Brillat Savarin, Camembert, and Brie or any triple creme cheese.
- Place sliced proscuitto and fruit on top of spread.
- Drizzle with honey, champagne vinegar, or a balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Use fresh herbs and try to match those to the fruit. Try lemon thyme, French thyme, basil and rosemary. Lavender blossoms make a great pairing with cherries also.
- Season the tartines with freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt.