One of my favorite salads has to be this one from Rachel Ray. She made it years ago on one of her 30 Minute Meals shows and I’ve been in love ever since. It’s an unexpected mix of ingredients that blend so well together. Jon and I had it for dinner last week. Top it off with some grilled chicken to add some more protein.
Total Time: 26 min
Prep 10 min | Cook 16 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, 2 palm full (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick Grill Mates)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, 3 sprigs, stripped and chopped
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 cups arugula, chopped, 2 bunches
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place potatoes in large bowl and toss with about 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons grill seasoning and rosemary. Grill potatoes 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine oranges and red onion and dress with red wine vinegar and some extra-virgin olive oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill to the dressed oranges and onions, toss to coat. When you grill potatoes they will be slightly drier than when you use other methods of cooking. By adding the potatoes to the dressing while they are hot, they really will soak in the dressing.
- When ready to serve, add the arugula to the potatoes and toss to distribute.