There’s a place called Vic’s Bagel Bar near my house where I love the concept – they do cream cheese mix-ins like Cold Stone Creamery does with ice cream – but it’s always so slow there I tell myself I will never go again. This weekend I got a cinnamon raisin bagel with cinnamon and sliced bananas mixed into light cream cheese. It was pretty delicious!
Some of their signature options options are:
- The Dutchess: capers, sundried tomatoes, a touch of pesto and plain cream cheese on a salt bagel
- Tutti Frutti: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and plain cream cheese on a cinnamon sugar bagel
- Club Med: roasted red pepper, olive, za’atar, fresh basil and hummus on a whole wheat everything bagel
- The Smashed Potato: potato chips, bacon or kosher bacon bits, scallions and cream cheese on an everything bagel
- Vermonter: bacon or kosher bacon bits, cinnamon, maple syrup, plain cream cheese on an egg bagel
If you want to make your own flavored cream cheese at home check out Back to Her Roots for recipes for Roasted Red Pepper Parmesan Cream Cheese and Honey Almond Cream Cheese.