I was in the mood for something sweet this afternoon but didn’t want to leave the house. With the limited items in my pantry I was still able to whip up something to satisfy my sweet tooth. I found a recipe for the Ultimate Irresistible Granola on AllRecipes.com and modified it with what I had.
Photo from AllRecipes.com
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the oil and honey. Cook and stir until blended.
- Stir in the oats, pistachios, cherries, coconut.
- Spread out in an even layer onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until toasted. Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters.