Yum, orange and cranberry, these flavors go great together. It’s a nice combo of tangy, tart and sweet in a hearty bread. You can make a loaf or muffins too.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.