A great appetizer for the holiday season. They’re really easy to make and are beautiful when presented on a nice platter. Even if you’re not Greek, you’re going to love these!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped
- spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat
- phyllo dough1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Mix the spinach, feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Arrange one sheet of phyllo dough on a clean work surface and brush with melted butter. Cover the remaining phyllo dough with a damp towel. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter, then place a third sheet on top. Cut the buttered phyllo lengthwise into four strips.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture on the bottom of each strip. Take the bottom right corner and fold the dough over the filling to make a triangle. Fold the bottom left corner up to make another triangle. Continue folding until all the dough is folded. Arrange the stuffed triangles, seam-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly brush the triangle with butter. Repeat with the remaining phyllo dough and spinach filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.