AllRecipes.com is my favorite recipe site and once again it didn’t let me down. I only look at recipes that have 5 stars and over 100 reviews. You have to add this recipe to your Christmas cookie box. Delicious! I can’t stop eating them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the butter with 1/2 cup of the confectioners’ sugar and the vanilla. Mix in the flour, nuts and salt. Roll about 1 tablespoon or so of dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Do not allow these cookies to get too brown. It’s better to undercook them than to overcook them. While cookies are still hot roll them in confectioners’ sugar. Once they have cooled roll them in confectioners’ sugar once more.