Ever wonder how to get lucky in the New Year? Epicurious.com has a great post on foods & traditions that will bring good fortune for the new year.
What to Eat
- The Spanish eat 12 grapes, 1 for each month of the year. If the third grape is sour, March will be a rocky month.
- Cooked greens look like folded money and mean good fortune. The more you eat, the more you’ll have in the new year.
- Beans, look like coins, and also represent money. Eat a lot of beans!
- Pork symbolizes progress. Pigs push themselves forward, rooting themselves in the ground before moving.
What Not to Eat
- Lobster is a bad idea because they move backwards and could therefore lead to setbacks.
- Chicken is also discouraged because the bird scratches backwards, which could cause regret or dwelling on the past.
- Another theory warns against eating any winged fowl because good luck could fly away.
Interested in making your own 2012 calendar for yourself or to share with friends or family? The Shutter Sisters have a great template that you can download from their website. Just choose your 12 favorite pics, use the Photoshop template, print, trim and you’re all set.
I used their template last year and hung the calendar in my office. I’m a little late for 2012 but I’ll try to get that done next week. In the meantime here are some of my photos from 2011…
2012 is just 3 days away. Make sure you download one of these to help you countdown the new year!
This Countdown to the New Year app by A3MG has a festive countdown clock and a variety of noisemaker options you can shake to play.
If you’re not going to be in Times Square, you can still experience the ball drop with the Times Square Official New Year’s Eve Ball App by Countdown Entertainment.
Download an app you can use again. The Countdown Timer Pro by timeanddate.com. Create a countdown for any important event in your life.
Countdown the seconds to 2012 with the New Year Countdown app from Innovative Video Solutions.
A twist on the classic bun. I love this style! It looks a little hard to execute but I’m gonna practice because it looks awesome! You can find the tutorial on The Beauty Department’s website.
Grrr, have some fun on New Year’s Eve. Put your hair up, throw on a funky animal print dress, heels that match (or not), fun jewelry and sparkly nail polish. Ring in the new year in style!